The Marble Conveyor Belt is Completed and it delivers Perfectly.
- lifts 8 marbles per crank turn.
- thanks to it being driven by ratchets and pistons, it makes a short halt to load and unload the marbles, on exactly the same spot every time.
- The pistons are connected to the crank shaft with a 2:1 gear reduction which means that the conveyor belt go in time with the music, and in half time. I can even use the mechanical sounds from the ratchets and the marbles climbing the fish stair to create parts of the beats.
- I only had one kick drum channel up and running so the kick drum plays on 2-4 like a snare normally would. Sounds a little strange but I just made this piece of music to demonstrate the concepts are working. (no music you hear in the videos are going to be used for the album, its quick and dirty functional pieces for the videos only)
- Its been a journey but we are now on our way. Again.
- the throw of the pistons s 40mm, the pitch of the chain is 15,875x2 mm, an imperial value, and it happens to be exactly twice the marble diameter. All this makes it possible to lift exactly one row of marbles per crank turn. The ratchets move 40 mm but only grabs onto the chain to move it exactly 31,75mm per crank turn.
The carriers are flame polished cnc:ed acrylic
- The chain was custom made in Japan and I waited 5 months for it to be delivered. haha. Of all the time consuming darlings on the MMX I love the conveyor belt /fish stair combo the most.
- the marbles looks like they are stuck over the demagnetiser wheel, this is by design, as soon new marbles come into the pipes from below, the marbles are slowly pushed over the demag wheel which ensures perfect demagnetisation.
- thanks for watching and believing in the project, good luck with everything that you are doing!
Support the Marble Machine X Project:
#4K #Marble #Machine
MUSIC DOWNLOADS ► wintergatan.bandcamp.com
WINTERGATAN RECORDS ► www.wintergatan.net/#/shop
SPOTIFY ► bit.ly/2oKxXWd
ITUNES ► apple.co/2ntWNsZ
MERCH ► teespring.com/stores/wintergatan
SUBSCRIBE ► fipost.info
INSTAGRAM ► wintergatan2000
REDDIT ► www.reddit.com/r/MarbleMachineX/
DISCORD ► discord.gg/QdNwA5Y
Thanks to the Marble Machine X Team 2019
►Alex Füßl, Alex CNC
►Carlos Montoro, Anjuda Guitars
►David Lewis, Machinist@Allied Cycle Works
Little Rock AR USA
►Dwayne Myers, Safety
Phoenixville, PA, USA
►Ecco Pierce, All Things Ecco
Oakland, California, USA
►Florian Hu, fhuable
►Jacob LaRocca, Rocket Props
►James Passmore, CAD9 Design LLC
►Liam Ward, DogenDesign, TMD Technologies Ltd
►Philip Brown (solo banjo)
Winston Salem, NC USA
►Richard Southall, String HeArt
Leuven, Belgium (BE)
►Tim Keller, Inventopia
Davis California USA
►Tim Mitchell, CNC Machinist
►Tobias Gutmann, Tobias Gutmann Prototyping
►Viktor Stenberg, Calle Guldstrand, Gustaf Törner
►Will Francis, Machine Thinking
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
►Karin & Olof Eneroth
►Matterhackers - www.matterhackers.com/
►This Old Tony - fipost.info
►Thomas Pilot - fipost.info/camera/JpCQcfOPQghHGcfecxEEVA.html
►Roys Sheds Perth Australia
►Supermagnete.de - www.supermagnete.de/
Help us caption & translate this video!